One benefit of being a member of the premier organization, Associated Christian Schools International (ACSI), is the ability to participate in the ACSI Student Activities Program. The goal of the program is “to encourage and inspire students toward a standard of excellence in leadership, communication, and performance by enhancing member Christian schools’ academic and fine arts programs.”
Through Bethany Christian School’s vibrant participation as a member school, our students are able to apply and develop skills necessary for confident Christian leadership. Each activity is planned to impact students’ educational and spiritual growth, encouraging them to be a testimony to the gospel of proclaiming Good News in Jesus Christ. Events also seek to provide opportunity for Christian fellowship and positive interaction between students and teachers of participating schools.
Our students participate at the school level and progress to the district and regional levels, being challenged as they progress by interaction with students of similar interests and abilities. The awards program for ACSI Student Activities affirms each participant’s individual effort while recognizing those whose skill and ability provide an inspiration and a challenge to excellence for all who participate.
We embrace these program objectives for our students:
- Aid in the development of skills necessary for Christian leadership
- Complement the learning process
- Practice skills needed in order to be an effective communicator
- Participate competitively in order to strengthen composure and confidence
- Provide for a time of fun and fellowship with a larger community
While our Rocky Mountain District’s events may vary, generally we actively engage with these events:
- Art Festival: Student submitted artwork is evaluated and awarded ribbons for recognition.
- Creative Writing: Student submitted writing is evaluated and awarded for talent and inventiveness.
- Desktop Publishing: Students create print projects in applications such as Word, Publisher, Photoshop, etc.
- Math by Mail: Elementary and middle school students participate in reasoning and comprehension events at the school level.
- Math Olympics: Elementary and middle school students participate in reasoning and comprehension events at the regional level.
- Spelling Bee: Students progress through district, regional, and ultimately national spelling bee competition. (Many Bethany Christian School students have made it to regionals, and two have made it to nationals.)
- Yearbook: Student yearbooks are evaluated and awarded based on design layout, theme, structure, copy, photography, font design and overall creativity.
We are proud of our school’s accomplishments in the various ASCI Events. If you are interested in being a part of our success, please call our office at (480) 752-8993 or email us at email@example.com.
|2016||ACSI Regional Spelling Bee||1 2nd place, 1 4th place|
|2016||ACSI Regional Math by Mail||1 4th place|
|2016||ACSI Regional Math Olympics||1 4th place, 1 5th place|
|2016||ACSI Regional Art Festival||1 Superior, 5 Excellent|
|2015||ACSI Regional Spelling Bee||1st place overall|
|2015||ACSI Regional Math Olympics||1st place overall|
|2015||Fiesta Bowl Aerospace Challenge||Most Creative Secondary Mission|
|2015||ACSI Regional Art Festival||2 Superiors|
|2014||ACSI Regional Spelling Bee||1st place overall|
|2014||ACSI Regional Math Olympics||1 1st place|
|2014||Fiesta Bowl Aerospace Challenge||Best Mission Patch|
|2014||ACSI Regional Yearbook Competition||1st place overall|
|2014||ACSI Regional Art Festival||4 Superiors|
|2014||ACSI Creative Writing||1 student published|
|2013||ACSI Regional Spelling Bee||1st place overall|
|2013||ACSI Regional Math Olympics||3 2nd place|
|2013||Fiesta Bowl Aerospace Challenge||First Year to Compete|
|2013||ACSI Regional Speech Meet||4 Superiors|
|2013||ACSI Regional Yearbook Competition||1st place overall|
|2013||ASCI Creative Writing||3 students published|
|2012||ASCI Regional Speech Meet||5 Superior, 4 Excellent, 1 Good|
|2012||ACSI Regional Math Olympics||7 out of 10 students earned ribbons|
|2012||ACSI Regional Math by Mail||2 1st place, 2 2nd place, 2 3rd place, 1 4th place|
|2012||ACSI Regional Spelling Bee||4th overall; earned 1st place in 3rd and 8th grade|
|2012||ACSI Regional Yearbook Competition||1st place|
|2012||ACSI Regional Science Fair||2nd and 3rd place overall|
|2011||ACSI Regional Spelling Bee||1st place overall|
|2011||SAT10 Scores||Ranked 16-39% above national average|
|2011||ACSI Regional Yearbook Competition||1st place|
|2011||ACSI Regional Math Olympics||8 students earned medals|
|2011||ACSI Regional Math by Mail||2 1st place, 2 2nd place, 2 3rd place, 1 4th place|
|2010||ACSI Regional Yearbook Competition||1st place|
|2010||ACSI Regional Science Fair||1st place overall|
|2009||ACSI Regional Yearbook Competition||1st place|
|2009||ACSI Regional Science Fair||1st place overall and best of show|
|2008||ACSI Regional Spelling Bee||1st place overall|